The library is situated in the main building of the Netherlands Carillon School. The entire collection is concentrated on carillon culture, with the exception of a few general music reference books and encyclopaedias. Acoustics, automated music and folksong are also part of the carillon culture. The library is internationally orientated and contains the following materials.
- sheet music of compositions and arrangements for carillon (ca. 2.150 albums)
- sheet music of (historical) pinnings
- collection of (folk)song albums and books
- recordings (some historic)
- video recordings
- books (ca. 1.100 titles)
- dissertations (ca. )
- periodicals and newsletters (more than 40 titles)
- programmes (both historical and modern)
- documentary material (newspaper cuttings, brochures, posters, etc.)
- visual material (amongst which a collection of historic magic lantern slides)
- archives (a.o. of W. Van der Elst, F. Timmermans and J. Vincent) temporarily inaccessible!
The collection is catalogued, with an extensive register of references and one on song arrangements. There is a reading table, computers, photocopy apparatus and record players.
The library is open to students and staff of the Netherlands Carillon School. Other interested persons can only use it by appointment.